DO YOU HAVE NO DISPLAY ON boot with YOUR PC OR LAPTOP?
Is your desktop computer or laptop giving you a no display / no signal, black-lit screen, or no-lit screen? Some of the causes of this could be simple issues and some could be stressful to troubleshoot but we’ve got you covered.
What is the meaning of no display?
Why does my PC turn out but no display?
What is the problem for no display?
How do I fix no display on my computer?
For starters, we must ask what could cause a no display on pc. Just like with a desktop PC connected to a monitor, the laptop monitor is connected to the motherboard with a cable. The cable may be bad, or it could be loose. Your computer may not be functioning correctly because of a static electricity build-up.
If you have a laptop, you may have a problem with one of the integrated circuits on the board, which is not exactly an issue for the casual user. Just keep in mind that everything may not be within your reach but there are still many things to try before jumping to the worst conclusion like a bad screen or electrical problem. For example, you may have other bad hardware preventing your computer from turning on fully. Two common pieces of hardware that people upgrade or have issues with are their RAM or storage drives.
Here are a list of why computer have no video:
- physicals damage to hardware ( drop pc or laptop, liquid spill, smoking and more).
- over clocking – using the wrong over clocking setting will lead to over heating and damaging hardware or reducing its life cycle.
- hardware age
- power outage
- software issues – wrong driver or incompatible hardware
all of these will case your system to have no display
Here are some troubleshooting tips :
- First, check if the computer is actually turning on. Can you hear fans? Are there any indicator lights on the computer that suggest it’s on? If you happen to have a flashing light somewhere, that could be an error indicator. Check with your computer’s manufacturer to see if the flashing lights are indeed error codes. also you can check our No power troubleshooting steps
- Now, if the computer seems like it’s turned on and there are no flashing lights, Try holding the power button with the charger or power cable disconnected to drain the computer of any remaining static. Now try turning the computer back on. If it’s a laptop, try without the charger first.
- Try connecting a secondary monitor to your laptop. If it works, your monitor may be bad. Sometimes, it won’t work at all depending on the manufacturer. We know Dell computers won’t start properly at all if the LCD isn’t working.
- If you have a desktop PC, try using a different monitor cable. And please check if you are connecting the cable on your computer’s motherboard or if you are using the computer’s GPU ports if it has them. The computer will not function correctly if you connect to your motherboard when a GPU is installed.
- try reseating the ram by removing then installing back again. after you remove the ram, hold the power button for few mins while the battery and power cord unplugged, then reinstall the ram back and plug the power back. see if no display issue is fixed.